Scholarship Criteria and Procedures
The Foundation's Scholarship Committee will award scholarships in the amount of $500 per semester for part-time students (6 credit hours and up) and $1,000 per semester for full-time students (12 credit hours and up): the categories are as follows:
Foundation scholarships are to be awarded to persons possessing the following merits:
BPCC Foundation Academic Scholarship:
- All applicants must possess minimum 2.000 GPA on high school or college work.
- Student is or will be enrolled in 12 credit hours (full-time) or minimum 6 credit hours (part time) at BPCC.
- Student demonstrates a special or unusual financial need as determined by the committee.
- Student possesses talents that are desirable and which will lend credibility to the college.
- Student has other special existing circumstances which warrant the issuing of a scholarship.
Student must not be receiving any other form of financial assistance. (Some exceptions do apply. Please see individual scholarship criteria for details.)
Non-academic scholarships and criteria:
Continuing Education Scholarship:
- A student who is enrolled at BPCC in a noncredit certificate program or one who is pursuing training leading to certification or licensure is eligible to apply for this scholarship. This scholarship does not apply to continuing education or professional “recertification.”
- Student must submit a letter of support from the Dean of Continuing Education.
- Student must not be receiving any other type of financial assistance.
- Applicant must submit an application, a letter, and all other required documents to the BPCC Foundation Office.
Testing Center Scholarship:
A student enrolled in an industry-based certification or training program offered by the Testing Center is eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- This scholarship does not apply to continuing education or professional “recertification.”
- Student must submit a letter of support from the Director of the Testing Center.
- Applicant must submit an application, a letter stating the need; a copy of current I.D., and any other documents deemed necessary upon review of application to the BPCC Foundation Office.
Procedures for applying for Foundation Scholarships:
- Applicant must submit all required documents to the BPCC Foundation Office by the deadline (see application).
- Scholarship committee reviews applications.
- Foundation Office will mail award letters to applicants/recipients.
- Foundation Office will notify Financial Aid Office and the respective departments of recipients.