Visiting Students

Are you currently enrolled and pursuing a degree at another school?

If the answer is “Yes”, then you are considered a visiting student at BPCC.

Your degree seeking school is your Parent school and BPCC is your Visiting school.

What is a Parent Letter?

In order to have your classes certified under your GI Bill® benefit while attending another school, your Parent school will have to approve your classes you are taking at the Visiting school.

The “Parent Letter” should be on school letterhead with the courses listed that you are attending at BPCC and the degree you are seeking at the Parent school. It needs to be signed by your advisor at your Parent school.

The letter can be emailed, faxed, or mailed to our office at

Bossier Parish Community College
6220 East Texas Street
Bossier City, LA 71111

or Fax to 318-678-6465

Please ensure that your social security number is on the Parent letter along with what benefit you are using. If you are using the Post 9/11 GI Bill®, please ensure a Certificate of Eligibility accompanies the Parent letter.