How to Use Your Benefits at BPCC
BPCC personnel are committed to making your transition into college life as smooth as possible.
We will make every effort to process certifications as quickly as possible to enable you to receive your benefits in a timely manner. You should take advantage of the advance registration dates to ensure class availability and allow for additional paperwork processing if needed. By registering early, you will also experience less of a wait in processing and a much smaller break in payments to BPCC and to you.
The following steps will help you have a better understanding of how to use your education benefits:
- Apply to BPCC either on the website (www.bpcc.edu) or on campus in our Admissions Office located in Bldg F.
- Determine which education benefits are best for you and what you qualify for.
- If you need assistance determining which chapter of benefits are most beneficial to you, please contact the following:
- Your unit Liaison (if you are active)
- The local VA Office (listed on the Contact page)
- The GI Bill website (listed on Contact page)
- Note: It is important to know all the details of the benefits for which you are entitled for your educational needs. Making decisions without knowing the details may result in sacrificing benefits you may be entitled to. Below is a link to compare benefits but final decisions should not be based on this information alone. Speaking with a GI Bill representative will prove most beneficial to you to receive the highest benefit possible.
- Once you have determined your chapter of educational benefits, you will need to meet with an academic advisor at BPCC to schedule your coursework based on the degree program you have chosen.
- Download a BPCC VA Benefits Enrollment Verification Form (aka Blue Form) from the forms page and take it with you to your advising appointment. You may also pick up the blue form in Bldg A-138 on campus.
- When the VA Enrollment form (blue form) is completed by you and your advisor, return it and your proof of eligibility to Bldg A-138. We will certify your class schedule through the VA.
- Note: A completed VA Enrollment Form is needed before every semester in order to certify your classes for that particular semester. Turning the form in after the semester starts may delay processing.
- If you have any questions regarding the steps for enrollment to BPCC, please call 318-678-6472 for assistance.