Vanpooling Policies and Procedures
- No eating, smoking or profanity is allowed on the van.
- No glass or other sharp objects are allowed on the van.
- No unauthorized stops are allowed for ANY reason.
- No children or unauthorized riders are allowed on the van. Vanpooling services are for BPCC students only.
- No personal use of the driver’s cell phone is allowed.
- No loud music.
- All personal trash must be removed as you get off the van.
- Courteous and respectful behavior is expected to be rendered to all van riders, at all times.
- Respect must be shown for driver.
- You are required by law to wear your seatbelt each time you are on the van. Failure to do this will result in a loss of vanpooling privileges.
- BPCC and the drivers are not responsible for articles left on the vans.
All Louisiana state laws and all ordinances of the City of Bossier must be observed at all times. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Criminal mischief
- Disturbing the peace
- All drug and alcohol related laws
- Possession of or use of firearms or any dangerous weapon, or the threat of use of firearms, bombs, or weapons.
- Possession of pornographic material
Students may be subject to criminal charges and/or college disciplinary action if violations of any of the above occur.
Morning Pick Up
- You must be ready to leave when the van arrives at your house. The driver is not permitted to wait longer than three (3) minutes before proceeding to the next stop.
- If you will not be riding the van to school in the morning, call the driver’s mobile phone and let him/her know at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled pick up time.
- If you neglect to ride the van or fail to contact the driver three consecutive mornings, you will be removed from the schedule. You will then be required to re-apply through the Physical Plant, located in Building J, and placed on a waiting list.
Afternoon Take Home
- All vans will leave from the front of Building F (Student Services Center), no later than 3:15 p.m. Monday through Thursday and at noon on Friday. If you require a ride home, it is your responsibility to be there on time.
- If you are not at the designated pick-up area, you will have to arrange for your own transportation home. It is not the driver’s responsibility to come back to pick you up.
VANPOOLING IS A PRIVILEGE – NOT A RIGHT!
For more information, contact Physical Plant at 318-678-6204.
The office is located in Building J.