Scholarship Criteria and Procedures
The Foundation's Scholarship Committee will award scholarships in the amount of $500 per semester for part-time students (6 credit hours and up) and $1,000 per semester for full-time students (12 credit hours and up): the categories are as follows:
Foundation scholarships are to be awarded to persons possessing the following merits:
BPCC Foundation Academic Scholarship:
- All applicants must possess minimum 2.000 GPA on high school or college work.
- Student is or will be enrolled in 12 credit hours (full-time) or minimum 6 credit hours (part time) at BPCC.
- Student demonstrates a special or unusual financial need as determined by the committee.
- Student possesses talents that are desirable and which will lend credibility to the college.
- Student has other special existing circumstances which warrant the issuing of a scholarship.
Student must not be receiving any other form of financial assistance. (Some exceptions do apply. Please see individual scholarship criteria for details.)
Procedures for applying for Foundation Scholarships:
- Applicant must submit all required documents to the BPCC Foundation Office by the deadline.
- Scholarship committee reviews applications.
- Foundation Office will mail award letters to applicants/recipients.
- Foundation Office will notify Financial Aid Office and the respective departments of recipients.