Bossier Healthcare Foundation Scholarship
Criteria and Procedures
The Foundation Scholarship Committee will award two (2) scholarships of up to $1,000 per semester.
These scholarships are to be awarded to persons possessing the following merits:
- Bossier Healthcare Foundation scholarship recipient must be a full-time student at BPCC.
- Bossier Healthcare Foundation scholarship recipient must be a confirmed present legal resident of Bossier Parish and have been a legal resident for at least a minimum of the twelve (12) months prior to the awarding of the scholarship.
- Bossier Healthcare Foundation scholarship recipient must be a second year student with a confirmed course of study within a medical or healthcare career path resulting in an associate degree in a medical of healthcare discipline.
- Bossier Healthcare scholarship recipient must meet and maintain the same academic and course-load requirements as any other recipient of a BPCC Foundation Scholarship (*See below).
- Student must not be receiving any other type of financial assistance.
Procedures for applying for the Bossier Healthcare Foundation Scholarship:
- Applicant must submit an application and a letter requesting the scholarship. This letter must explain the circumstances surrounding your request for this scholarship, a copy of your driver's license and all required documents to the BPCC Foundation Office.
- The Foundation Scholarship Committee reviews applications.
- The Foundation Office will mail award and denial letters to applicants.
- The Foundation Office will notify Financial Aid Office of recipients as scholarships are awarded.
BPCC Foundation Scholarship Requirements:
- Student must have a 2.000 cumulative GPA on all college work, and
- Student must be enrolled in 12 credit hours (full-time) at BPCC, and
- Student who demonstrates a special or unusual financial need as determined by the Committee, or
- Student who possesses talents that are desirable and will lend credibility to the college, or
- Student who has other special circumstances existing, which warrant the issuing of a scholarship award.