Bodcaw Soil and Water Conservation Scholarship Award
Criteria and Procedures
In honor of the Bodcau Soil and Water Conservation District, the BPCC Foundation Scholarship Committee will award (1) one scholarship award each semester in the amount of $1,000 to a full-time or $500 part-time academic student.
Academic Scholarship Criteria
All applicants must possess a minimum 2.500 GPA on high school or college work.
- Student is or will be enrolled in an academic environmental science or related field at BPCC during time for which he/she is requesting assistance.
Student provides proof of residency in the BPCC service area
Student possesses talents that are desirable and which will lend credibility to the college.
Student has other special existing circumstances which warrant the issuing of a scholarship.
Student is allowed to receive other types of financial assistance in conjunction with this award.
Recipient must complete a “Thank You” note to donor and return to Foundation within one week of award notification
Recipient may receive this award each semester up to two years if he/she maintains good academic standards and if characteristics as described in BPCC Student Code of Ethics (Student Handbook) are maintained. Student must update award file each semester.
Procedures for Applying for the Bodcau Soil and Water Conservation Scholarship:
- Applicant must submit an application, an essay letter stating need, a transcript, and a valid I.D (no photos please) to the BPCC Foundation Office by deadline (see below).
- Applicants seeking assistance must be on file at the BPCC Financial Aid office.
NOTE: Applications missing any of the above information are considered incomplete and will not be processed.
- Foundation Office will mail award and denial letters to applicant's email.
- Application for scholarship does not guarantee an award. Students must maintain contact with Financial Aid office to plan for and fulfill financial obligations during review process.
- Fall Applications: July15
- Spring Applications: December 15
Mail application to:
BPCC Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 6316,
Bossier City, LA 71171
Fax application to:
Campus Drop-Off Location:
BPCC, Bldg. B, Room 131
Attn: Ty Bryan, Professor, SNAH