Script Submission Guidelines
Each year, students in the BPCC Film Institute at Bossier
Parish Community College participate in classes which are geared
to the production of full-length feature movies and
documentaries. The College has recently received eight
international awards in film festivals on their productions. The Division of Communication and Performing Arts is accepting
film scripts for competition. If you have written a script and
desire to see it produced, follow the script submission
guidelines below. The script must be accompanied by an entry form.
Guidelines for Script Submission:
- The script and its treatment must be submitted on a CD or by
email (see address below). The writer(s) name, address, and telephone should be included.
- Length of the script should not exceed 90 minutes
(pages). Running time and the treatment should not exceed two
- The script must be the original work of the
- The script that is selected to be produced as a movie becomes the property of Bossier Parish Community
College. However, full credit will be given
to the screenwriter(s). No payment, fee, stipend, etc. actual or
implied will be paid to the script writer.
- Bossier Parish Community College reserves the right to edit
the script for production purposes, which will not affect the
storyline. The screenwriter(s) cannot hold liable Bossier Parish
Community College, the Division of Communication and Performing Arts, or its
employees for these changes.
- The script must be easily produced in Northwest Louisiana.
(e.g., forest, rivers, bayous, small towns, rural or urban . . .
NO deserts, mountains, etc.)
- The script should be family oriented and not contain
excessive violence or abusive and suggestive language.
- The script must not have been previously optioned, produced,
- The script must be in English.
- Multiple screenplays are accepted but each submission
requires a separate entry form.
- Bossier Parish Community College is not responsible for
screenplay CDs lost, stolen, or lost in shipping.
- Judges' decisions are final.
- Submissions must be in standard motion picture script format.
- Title should appear on each page of the script.
- Writer(s) name(s) should not appear anywhere on the script.
- Each script must include a four sentence or less synopsis.
- Scripts will not be returned.
- Bossier Parish Community College reserves the right NOT to
produce ANY script which is submitted if it does not meet the
needs or guidelines of the production team.
- The screenwriter(s) will be invited to attend the premiere,
receive a copy of the movie, and be credited for their work.
- All scripts must be received in our office no later than November 15th.
- All scripts received after November 15th of each year will
be judged in the following year's competition.