Division of Cyber Information Technology
Administrative Assistant III
Dr. Paul Weaver
Dr. Jack Raley
Division Associate Degrees and Academic Certificate Programs
Bossier Parish Community College offers six associate degree programs, one academic certificate, and two technical competency areas the area of Cyber Information Technology:
- AAS Computer Information Systems - Provides the graduate with the knowledge and applied technical skills needed to enter computer-related occupations in the business/industry job market.
- AAS Information Network Security Specialist - An introduction to defenses, countermeasures and computer forensics utilization to combat computer network threats.
- AAS Information Network Specialist - Instruction in administering, installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting data and voice networks.
- AAS Information Programmer Analyst - Application of knowledge and skills of programming to retrieve and analyze information.
- AAS Information Systems Administration Specialist - Provides the basics of operating systems support and systems integration.
- AAS Web Analyst Programmer - Preparation for developing and maintaining web servers and managing information resources.
- CTS Help Desk Support - Preparation for providing software, hardware, and system technical support.
- TCA Software Applications - A job-skills-specific program in the area of commonly used business software applications for students who do not need or wish to complete a two-year curriculum, but who are required to demonstrate proof of knowledge and skills necessary to meet the basic computer needs of the business community.
- TCA Web Design - A well-rounded selection of courses balanced between general orientation to business/industry and applied technical skills. Students completing the Web Design TCA will obtain technical skills necessary for qualified entrance into Web Design and maintenance-related careers.
Mission of the Division of Cyber Information Technology
The mission of the Division of Cyber Information Technology is to provide quality education in the classroom to Northwest Louisiana citizens in the disciplines of computer information systems, help desk support, programmer-analyst, networking, network security, systems administration, and web analyst programmer to enable our students to be successful when working with cyberspace technology.