The mission of the Academic Advising Center is to assist students in the development of meaningful educational plans that are consistent with their needs, interests, and abilities while strengthening their economic, social, and cultural life. Through academic advising the student will become empowered to achieve their academic career goals.
To achieve this mission, the Academic Advising Center has established the following goals:
- Provide quality academic advising to help students to grow academically.
- Provide academic support and guidance to students in the decision making process related to their choice of majors and academic program.
- Provide and interpret information on articulation agreements for students who intend to transfer to four year universities.
- Promote students’ self-responsibility in defining and achieving their educational goals.
- Provide services to all students using the highest ethical principles and standards of practice.
- Provide students with referrals to appropriate academic divisions.